« Home | God forgive me for not spending time with You...ho... » | it doesnt feel like Christmas...maybe cause it's w... » | so i'm pissed off today....if you know me at all..... » | here it is Saturday night..and i'm working...... ... » | place: chatte coffee shop time: 3:30pm atmosphere... » | yes..i realize it's been a long time since my last... » | nothing says "Good Morning" like a chainsaw.... t... » | busy busy tuesday....but of course..time to blog..... » | I cant believe its Friday already....which is a go... » | to tag on jamie's "of the moments..." My "of the ... »

i hate it when i cant talk...sure other people probably love it..but i hate it...

i lost my voice this weekend.....i was starting to lose it at band practice friday night..and i felt a sickness coming on...and no matter how much throat coat and water i drank...i still lost it...and what better place..than while leading worship on sunday morning.....
i feel so inadequate when i can't sing.....i feel like that is all i have to offer in worship on sunday morning..and i had nothing..i...literally opened my mouth to sing..and nothing came out...some squeekes sometimes..but nothing...i had to just step away from the mic and let the congregation sing it up.......

interesting enough...this week's worship focused on listening to God..and what was God saying to you through worship....we challenged the congreation to just listen to God's leading "speak to me Lord, for your child is here listening...".....
looks like God really wanted me to listen..so much that He shut me up....literally.....it was humbling actually..i dont think i even liked it much......i kept thinking..what good am i if i cant sing..and lead people in worship....all these selfish thoughts of course....
but i came to the conclusion..woship isnt about me.....deep right? thanks for keeping me humble God...thanks for helping me see that You take away just as easily as You give....and if i'm not using my gifts to honor You..than what good are they?..thank you...

to all my other fellow bloggers..i love getting a little glimpse into your lives..i love you guys.....

to my cali parents donna and lonnie...i love you guys....i hope you know that..i am so blessed to know you guys and to serve with you guys...thanks for you constant support of me......