« Home | as if my day yesterday could get any worse.....o i... » | 9/16-so far the worst day i've had since living in... » | I think i may have scarred a 3-yr old for life....... » | ok kristi, i'm finally blogging...i know..it's bee... » | Dude, there ain't nothing like sleeping till 1 on ... » | For those keeping tabs..I finally met some cool pe... » | In Two Months from Today I Will be 25!! Wow, a qu... » | Another night of sleep=another wacked out dream T... » | WOW...a picture is worth a thousand words.... exce... » | Hold the Phone...i slept last night....Hallelujah.... »

another day in no cell phone land...this sucks....

i can't get my daily updates about the cubs from my brother...we usally talk every day...i guess the twins will have to find another way to unite.....

so....my money is all tied up at the bank right now...so that means no cash flowing for this girl till tomorrow.....top priority..cell phone.....dear God please....

4 quarters, 36 dimes, and 8 nickels......that is what i found in a random sweep of my house for gas money yesterday.....i walzed into the gas station and paid for $5 worth of gas all in coins..but hey..at least it wasn't pennies.....aww, do we young people have any shame...nope.....that's as bad as in college scraping up change to go buy pepsi freezes at the Qik & Easy......those were the days....

i look like total crap today.....i havent showered..i'm wearing a rag on my head..and i pretty much have on what i would wear to bed.....it's a lazy day.....i actually woke up at the butt-crack at 7 am to meet my roomate and friend jen at starbucks....we just got together and prayed up our day...it was good...but you know this girl went right back to bed at 8.....so then i got up for work again..and felt like doing nothing to look appealing today......but it feels good..i'm comfy...and that's what you need in a time of stress......i mean, it's no purple sweats like someone i know wears...but it will do....

this old man in our launch team brought me a present today from his house.....he said he wanted to give me something that reminded me of chicago...he brought me a cubs hat and a bears hat...he said he used to collect hats..so they are wicked old.....it was so cute...i love that man....i find myselft talking sports with most of the old men around here.....the cubs hat is one of those old mesh hats my dad would wear, on the very top of his head, always with a slight dent in it, a straight-across bill, the mesh allowing you to see the few hairs he had on his head......
and the bears hat is corduroy...it's sweet....thanks frank for making my day...

our office has been bombarded with phone calls since yesterday....we sent out our first church mailing...and they aren't your typical mailing...cause we aren't your typical church.....people in this town are highly political and traditional...and there hasn't been an innovative church like this here....cool for us...and we totally feel this is where God has us...but we are receiving our first wave of opposition......
i made a little tally sheet to put on the wall of the office with 2 columns...good calls and bad calls
every time the phone rings we take turns taking the abuse...so far all the calls i've answered are good...people just checking us out....
but...we had an interesting call from a Baptist Preacher yesterday..he went on a rant and was appalled at our marketing....he obviosly had a issue about a lot of stuff...let me just highlight some of the comments and questions he so boldly stated:
1. "how did you get my name, take me off your list?"
2. "do you read the king james bible..that is the only true word of God?"
3. "don't get me started about the mormons...they are all going to hell..."
4. "tell me something...do you believe in the pre-millenial rapture?"
5. "your pastor is a kook!"
that was all from one guy...he kept our secretary on the phone for a good 10 minutes questioning our theology...it was great...thank God i didnt answer that one....

aww the joys of church planting....