« Home | In Two Months from Today I Will be 25!! Wow, a qu... » | Another night of sleep=another wacked out dream T... » | WOW...a picture is worth a thousand words.... exce... » | Hold the Phone...i slept last night....Hallelujah.... » | The insomnia continues....i'm going to scream... i... » | I got one full night of sleep..friday night..i was... » | The insomnia continues.....i'm so tired today....w... » | Story from my childhood: Proof that I am scatterb... » | Dude..this 'not sleeping gig' is going to kill me.... » | mama's back....just went to get a new hair cut..an... »

For those keeping tabs..I finally met some cool people my age. This is a cool story....for my new friends reading this..welcome to my little world.

So as you know i've been here in Cali for almost 2 months now..and have been complaining i don't know anyone my age..let alone cool people...not that i'm not appreciative for the many families i know here..but come on..i need some good young adult social interaction...
ok..so the week of insomnia was awesome for my prayer life..and i was actually feeling content with the times it was just me and God...but then other night in my prayer/journal time...i spent a lot of time journaling and praying for friendships and particulary an opportunity to start a small group for college/young adults....so with all the prefaced...here are the events of my night...

I'm sitting at my favorite cafe (chatte coffee and tea) of course....chatting on line with jamie, talking on the phone with my bro and sis...and just hanging out....i go there so that hopefully i would meet some cool peops...well last night was the night.....i packed up all my stuff and walked out the front door of the cafe...to smell the most glorious smell..the smell of fine tobacco cloves...mmm...i havent had one of those since i moved....not good for the singing voice of course....anyway...there were 2 girls sitting on the little bistro table outside....i walked out and said something like, "o my gosh..you guys have cloves...i havent had one of those since i moved here from chicago.." and of course one said,,"do you want one"....well, heck yah.....anyway.they asked what i was doing in Bakey..and i explained i was helping start a church....long story short...jenn and susanna are christians..and were just talking about how they wanted to have some sort of small group for young adults..not to metion jenn sings and susanna plays key and acts....so in one night i got...2 freinds, 2 artists for creative arts, we are starting a small group next thursday, and they are hanging out with me tomorrow night....nice huh...talk about divine appointments....and all over a delicious clove....God works in mysterious ways