« Home | thanks for letting me vent yesterday!! I really fe... » | when it rains it pours...let me be blunt...things ... » | whatever happened to these guys? i've lived in Ca... » | feeling sorry for myselfThere's something about th... » | happy 4 month anniversary to me and tony!!it seems... » | Pedestrians have the right-of-way...right?so here'... » | what is up with the latest surge of spam blog comm... » | i feel guilty for not blogging...so here goes noth... » | i promise i won't talk about laguna beach!!it's sa... » | the happiest day of my life thus far...this is me ... »

"Minnesota Nice"

wow, so much to update you blog readers on...

tony and i are moving to MN the first of the year! we are so excited! and yes, crazy for moving in the middle of winter...but we are trusting that God will hold off the snow till we get there. we are excited to be moving to a place where we can settle. i can't wait to say things like "minnesota nice" and "i'm feeling minnesota" as they say..ahhah...and of course there are all the lakes...like 10,000 lakes or so..hence the land of 10,000 lakes. tony has a job there already with a company he used to work for that he loved, and i get to go back to school to pursue my teaching career...i'm so excited, i almost want to got start making practice math tests...anyone want to take one?

speaking of jobs, i started my training this week as a server at macaroni grill. i got to practice writing my name upside-down on the table, and i must say i'm good.."shelly" is really easy to write upside-down. training has been intense learning (which i love). i even made nerdy flashcards to learn what abbreviations to use for each dish....my fav is P-CROCK!! o, and we got to taste wine yesterday, which of course my face turned it's deep shade of red, as alcohol does that to me!

so basically the next 2 months are going to be pretty busy, i have 2 jobs, tony is in the process of getting hired for a job that he will work long hours, we have to prepare for the move, transition out of my ministry job, spend enough time with all our friends here, o and tony and i will probably rarely see each other....but we will have all that time in the car on our long drive back to the midwest to make up for it.

so, any suggestions on what i should call my blog when i move...it can't stay 'shellafornia'. 'shellasota' is always on option.

Shelly,

That is big news...Congrats...I hope everything goes well with the move...My sister & brother-in-law live just outside of Minneapolis & they love it.

Jenn told me the news! Yeah, I'm so so happy for you guys!

shellasota is really dumb, did you think of that shelly? i see a bright future for you girl (with my fighter pilot vision) ;)
love ya!

Great News! Congratulations : )

CA will miss you, but I am SO HAPPY that you guys are following what God wants for you - that's when you find REAL JOY! SO, see you in August when I'm at my Creative Memories convention - oh - you'll be there too :-)

I would LOVE to take a practice math test. I'm math nerd. I am so excited for you guys!

Watch out for some of those minnesotians. Jamie - remember that girl? We asked her how your sunglasses looked and she said, "i don't know. I've never been out of this state."

Oh - and could keep your eye out for my red and white bathing suit when you get there? ha ha

I'm in for the Shellasota lake house. I've already said this but can't wait to have you guys closer. I'm glad I am sneaking in one more CA vacation! See you soon.

Post a Comment