« Home | what is up with the latest surge of spam blog comm... » | i feel guilty for not blogging...so here goes noth... » | i promise i won't talk about laguna beach!!it's sa... » | the happiest day of my life thus far...this is me ... » | our first dance...  » | images from my wedding...  » | Laguna Beach Watchers Unite!!Seriously, I never th... » | back injury=hours of useless televisionE! True Hol... » | My Husband...I'm so proud of my husband...he is no... » | Under the Radar...i'v been down for the count, und... »

Pedestrians have the right-of-way...right?

so here's my near-death experience: tony and i went to the grocery store last night...right around sunset (the timing is important). so we are casually strolling along in the parking lot, getting ready to enter the store when we notice a white car coming towards us, getting ready to turn down our lane, so we keep walking...but at some point it becomes apparent that this lady does not see us...she is going to hit us....she begins her make her turn...right into us...i remember thinking.."this lady is going to hit us"...so i looked up at her..then noticed her visor is down, i can't even see her face...so if i can't see her face...she surely does not see us....well, tony being the city boy he is (who later told me he knows how to get hit by a car) bends his knees and is prepared to jump up on the hood if he has to. but me, i freeze..i actually locked up my legs and put my hands out..as if my hands would stop a moving car...then i proceeded to scream at the top of my lungs. well, the scream is what saved us...the lady fortunately had her window down, and the scream made her slam on her breaks...still not knowing she was about to hit us. she finally looked from around her visor and said..."i'm sorry..it was the sun, i couldnt see..are you ok..it was the sun." then tony YELLS..."well slow down"...lady says.."i was going slow"...shelly says nothing and is surprised she didnt actually crap her pants....

so anyway we were spared from serious injury. so we try to go about our shopping...but i was shaking in fear so bad and my heart was pounding. the cool thing was the lady came into the store and found us in produce and apologized again..she felt horrible...tony also apologized for his adrenaline-induced yelling at her to slow down (he was only trying to stand up for his wife). so all is well!!

i actually thought it was very cool of the lady to come find us....if i were her, i wouldnt have even come into the store...i would have driven straight home and not told a soul that i almost hit 2 pedestrians.

the end.

Cyan Gets A Reprieve
Reports of the demise of Myst developer Cyan Worlds have been greatly exaggerated, according to the San Jose Mercury News and the GameSpot Web site.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my home and garden related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

every one hits a pedestrian once in a while...right? No. I enjoy the anonymous comments on your blog, they make me feel nice and warm inside.

Oh Shelly!!!! That is scary! I am glad you didn't get hit by a car! That would suck! One time I got knicked by a car, and Amy laughed her ass off, and I thought it was Glen who almost hit me, right outside of KFC! AAHAHAHAHAH!!

You know that I will probably get hit by a car one of these days. You or Christa are always pulling me out of the way. I just think they are going to stop.

Post a Comment