« Home | I think i just took my last step to becoming an of... » | It's been a long time since i last blogged.....sor... » | Tuesdays are brutal.....i have to be at the office... » | This is our first Twin Blog..by shelly and scott..... » | I would llike to live the rest of my life in denia... » | Dear God, I know this may sound trivial...but cou... » | God is good...why do i forget that daily... I get ... » | Today's Status: Cat in my car for real this morni... » | 12-3, that's all i gotta say » | This note was in my car this morning: Dear Driver... »

monday..monday.....
i used to not come into the office on mondays..but here i am....we have staff mtgs now on mondays....so here i am wasting time before i really have to work...i guess its not really a waste of time to keep my favorite people updated on my life..or to just blab about my weekend..or to vent frustrations....

this was a rough week for me....not only do i have the worst neck pain i've ever had...but i dealt with a lot of ministry "crap" this week...if i can say crap after ministry.....mostly it was my crap....it was like a ministry crisis of feeling like a failure.....a failure because my job is to bring people to worship...and i dont feel like i see that in our congregation....and yes i realize our church is only 6 weeks old....and that would by like expecting a six week old baby to get off it's lazy butt and walk....but it's really frustrating..it's like how do you measure success in ministry....is it a success if hundreds of people walk through the doors and 'get it'...get worship...is it if only one person out there meets Jesus...or is it if you yourself are changed through worship on a daily basis.....?
Thank God He is faithful despite our shortcomings...casue i dont know about you..but i fall short every day...and i also thank God for you guys...my friends..those that got to hear me cry this weekend...and said all the right things..those that pray for me...those that encourage me and remind me why i'm here.....

things that happened this weekend in my little world:
1. it actually rained this weekend...in the desert..weird..but it felt good...good to cuddle up and watch a movie...
2. i wiped out on the sidewalk saturday.....it was real funny...i was carrying this big ole box to the dumpster and had flip flops on..and slipped on the wet pavement....i laughed hard, thus giving scott permission to laugh at mie...
3. i've never seen so many snails in my whole life as i do when it rains here....they are all over the side walks..you literally have to dodge them if you dont want to crush one...the 7 yr old boy in me came out..and i had to pick one up and examine it...yep, they're still gross
4. the lights went out at the theatre we have church in on sunday..but it actually turned out to be a cool worship moment....in the darkness
5. bought the newest edition of trivial pursuit..my favs game...but scott keeps kicking my butt.....the standings so far are scott 4 me 1..that sucks...i must win....