« Home | It's been a long time since i last blogged.....sor... » | Tuesdays are brutal.....i have to be at the office... » | This is our first Twin Blog..by shelly and scott..... » | I would llike to live the rest of my life in denia... » | Dear God, I know this may sound trivial...but cou... » | God is good...why do i forget that daily... I get ... » | Today's Status: Cat in my car for real this morni... » | 12-3, that's all i gotta say » | This note was in my car this morning: Dear Driver... » | ok...i realize i haven't blogged "in a grip" as my... »

I think i just took my last step to becoming an official californian..i. got my plates today....so my ghetto car now wears cali plates....the only cali plate car to have rust on it....but for once i'm thankful my car is so old and ghetto because..the cost of registration in cali is ridiculous..the price just went up about 300% in october of this year...but they charge regi based on the worth of your car...and mine, not being much, only cost $86...so yahoo for ghetto car...i love you ghetto car, with 3 out of 4 handles, 4 out of 5 working seatbelts, no interior light, 3 out of 4 working power windows, 3 out of 4 working power locks.......not bad percentages really.....ha

i love reading all your blogs...but for those of you that dont have a comment section....get one...i. want to comment with my funny quips and anecdotes...

I just spent a couple days up north in vacaville at a leadership conference....john walker, a lcc grad started blessings ranch in CO....spoke on excellence in leadership...but it was basically a kick in the butt to have excellency in my rel with God...it's funny cause i feel like i pay for conferences all the time where i go wanting some huge practically minstry ideas where they will tell me how to do ministry...but EVERY time...i just come away with the fact that i need to be in the word...you would think i would stop paying for these conferences..and just starting reading my Bible...
besides the fact that i was sick the whole day at the conference..it was good....and i came away with a letter from God...written by me of course...but from the words of God.....we did this exercise about what our "leadership lids" are ...and what hinders our leadership....without getting into the details of the exercise...i will just leave you with my letter from God....to me..from His Word....

Shelly,
You are my child (jn 1:12) and belong to my family. Nothing you do or don't do can make me love you any less (rom 8:35,27). You dont have to do everything on your own. I live in you (1 cor 6:19-20). And if you fail it's o.k. for I bring redemption & forgiveness of sin (col 1:14). Remember that there are others around you whom I have equipped to serve as well, you are merely a part of my Body (1 cor 12:27). And you can do nothing apart from me the true vine (jn 15:5). So cling to me and my strength will allow you to do all things (phil 4:13). Do not worry about gaining constant approval from others becasue there is no condemnation for those in Me (rom 8:1). I am for You, so no one can stand against you (rom 8:31).

Your Proud Father,
God