« Home | Memos to the people in the cafe: 1. to the lady w... » | i'm still fighting off some crazy sickness..it alm... » | i'm sick...the first time since living here..it's ... » | today i have the worst headache in california hist... » | wow...what a weekend....we had our first practice ... » | MAMA'S BACK!!! i'm back in cell phone land...i lo... » | another day in no cell phone land...this sucks....... » | as if my day yesterday could get any worse.....o i... » | 9/16-so far the worst day i've had since living in... » | I think i may have scarred a 3-yr old for life....... »

BITTERSWEET.....

that how i describe today...i'm sitting here in my cafe..and just finished watching the cubs on the net....clinch the division title.....who would have thought the brewers would step up and beat the astros to allow us to shine so victoriously.....
Here's the Sweet: all the cardinal fans that gave me such a hard time this year..in your face....o, and i know you won't let me revel too long, i can already here it now....from soebeck, brian or brad..."whatever..you aren't going to win the world series..."..well you know what i say to you boys...where are your cardinals now...huh..yeah that's right..........
my world series prediction: cubs vs. twins....go central division....
Here's the Bitter: I am sitting in a cafe in California...far from the roars of Wrigleyville......i've received many calls from great friends knowing this moment has got to be hard for me...thanks guys...i talked to shawn and lindsay who were on the rooftops watching the game..i got to here the roar of the crowd first hand when kenny lofton caught a ball with his back to home plate and face to the ivy...i can only picture it.....i talked to my other loyal cubs friends..to luke..to scott..to tara...to jamie (who doesnt profess to be a fan...but is my representative in the city right now....have one for me j)...not to mention all the voicemails i've received from people...sorry i havent picked up the phone..but i can't bare to celebrate again over the phone..knowing i can't be there....
BITTERSWEET....

My bro and I already have plans for next year to hit all the games out here when the cubs come to cali..who knows..maybe we'll take a road trip next spring to AZ to see them train....
I don't know what chicago will be like next year...without the 2 biggest cub fans there....but scott and I will represent out here...you'll see us on tv at the giants games...we'll be the ones in full blue cubs gear...head to toe..that's gotta make tv right......

i wish i could catch a flight to chicago tonite to catch the game tomorrow.....to be there when they retire Ron Santo's jersey....to have a ballpark dog...to sip an Oldstlye.."beer here"...throw peanut shells on the ground...look around wrigley and see the best fans baseball has today.....i've been to a lot of cubs game in my almost 25 yrs of life..and never have i seen that place empty...almost every seat is filled...filled with fans that believe...believe that one day their loyalty will be rewarded on such a day as this......

so i sip my coffee looking at the palm tree out the window...longing to be in the green hard seats of wrigley...yes..even the broken one i sat in when i was home in August....

"Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't care if I ever get back.
For it's root, root, root for the CUBBIES,
if they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes you're out
at the old ball game."


Is there anything better than baseball..i submit that there is not.....