« Home | I'm sitting here in my favorite little cafe down t... » | Monday, monday..... i'm a bit emotional today....... » | It's Friday.... That's all I got!! » | "...she dreams in color, she dreams in red..." o,... » | There is s weird smell outside my apartment...it's... » | So, if you know me at all...you know i hate going ... » | Wow..it's been a long time..since i've blogged....... » | Today is a good day...that's because it's friday..... » | I don't think that there is much life without emai... » | I realized yesterday that I don't think that I lik... »

The statement, "the best things in life are free." is so true. I've been thinking about all the things that i have, that someone has given me or that i paid abolutely nothing for...and they are my favorite things....I thought of all of this...because i was just given a bass guitar....so now i need to learn to play bass, i'm so excited...i began to think about all the things i have for free...my car was given to me....my taylor...who i affectionately call 'gracie', because of the nature of the gift....all those things, just handed over to me.

And of course there are many other things free in life, as far as money goes.....love, friendship, happiness, blessing, laughter, tears.....all free, but at a cost, mind you.

Free is great. Freedom is great...in the words of William Wallace...."would you be willing to trade this moment for the next just for once chance at FREEDOM..."

and in the words of Jesus, "...the truth will set you free." (jn 8:32)

and in the words of Paul, "...it is for freedom that Christ set us free.." and in this freedom we are called to, "live by the Spirit": the fruit that is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control (Gal 5)

As a kid I had to memorize 'the fruit of the Spirit", we even had a little catchy tune to remember them by....but i don't think i truly understood what it meant to live that freely...and by the Spirit....how simple those 9 words, and how life-changing those 9 words if we truly lived like that.

Something to Ponder.