« Home | Monday, monday..... i'm a bit emotional today....... » | It's Friday.... That's all I got!! » | "...she dreams in color, she dreams in red..." o,... » | There is s weird smell outside my apartment...it's... » | So, if you know me at all...you know i hate going ... » | Wow..it's been a long time..since i've blogged....... » | Today is a good day...that's because it's friday..... » | I don't think that there is much life without emai... » | I realized yesterday that I don't think that I lik... » | Wow, I've entered the world of blog...kind of risk... »

I'm sitting here in my favorite little cafe down the street from my apt. It's my escape from the world....free wirless internet hook up...good coffee...great art on the wall...it would all be perfect...if smashmouth weren't on the radio..i hate the sound of that man's voice.....kill me now.....

I spend most nights here....getting work done, chatting with friends online, surfing the net...observing people.

I spend a lot of time observing people, wondering what is going on in their little lives...just watching from afar..this weekend at the beach i sat on a huge rock and observed people for hours..and here are some of the things i saw...simple but beautiful things...

1. a 2 year old girl screaming at the top of her little lungs with excitement every time a wave crashed against the rock, putting her tiny had into the hand of her dad's huge hand

2. a honeymooning couple, snapping pics of eveything...asking me to take a picture of them...they were so happy and so young

3. an old man, i mean old, sitting on a rock...reaching his wrinkled hand into holes in the rock seaching for little crabs that got washed up from the waves.

4. 10 young boys playing tackle football on the beach, using their shoes as boundary lines....

5. a kayaker overturned in his boat as a huge wave came over him...

of all the observations of others....do i really take the time to observe myself..what is going on in my little world......if you allow, let me draw some parallels in my life to the aformentioned observations

1. I love being held by someone who is so much bigger than I, to be hugged by someone twice your size...to feel so small, so safe, so protected. I get excited over little things...like the moon, the stars, the beauty of God's creation...from the cornfields to the coast...i love it...(ps 8: when i consider the work of your hands, the sun, the moon the stars, what is man that you are mindful of him?")

2. I'm so afraid of being alone...I dont' want to be one of those single girls that complains about wanting to have someone all the time...but i long to grow old with someone...to serve in ministry with someone...to share all of lives adventures with......(josh 1:9..."I am with you wherever you go...)

3. I want to find simple pleasures in life. I want patience to wait on God...to wait for the tide to come in a bring me his undeserved gift of grace....to pluge my hand into ministry and find pleasure in that, in serving......(Ps 16:11... You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.)

4. I love to play, life should be full of more play...more home run derby, more pickle in the front yard, or bloody murder: my fav childhood game....i want to kick off my shoes and run around...tackle life with all I have...(ecc 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might")

5. I feel overwhelmed sometimes...overwhelmed with emotion....with passion...with lonliness...with blessing.....my boat gets overturned daily..disappiontments, heartbreak.....but i get back in ...but it's not ignorance that puts me back in the boat...it's the thrill of life..a purpose that there is more to live than this.....the thrill of passion, or blessing....of God's overwhelming goodness in light of the crashing waves of life...once i get out there...past the break.....it's not so rough.....in God's greatness, in his vastness, in his bigness... he "stoops down to make me great"....ps 18:35


My cafe is fililng up with people...more people to watch...to learn from....to compare my existence to...