« Home | Anniversary Weekend, Part Itony and i are celebrat... » | ok, and just like that, my template is back..i gue... » | what happened to my template? sure, my first time ... » | wow, after a long hiatus (yes i had to look up how... » | top 'o the morning to ya...happy st. patty's day! ... » | just when you think spring is coming...we got 9.5 ... » | i totally feel like peter gibbons in office space ... » | i've kinda been a downer lately...and tony told me... » | what's new with you shelly? well i'm glad you aske... » | I got this from a friend's blog...thanks keith..i'... »

Anniversary Weekend, Part II

After our lovely romantic night on Friday night we had the best, most fun day on Saturday. We had Twins tickets for the 6pm game against the Orioles. 20 rows behind home plate.

As we woke up Saturday morning...hungry of course, we went and had coffee and carmel rolls at our little cafe around the corner, then we walked down to the lake and sat on our bench and people-watched. we just had a relaxing day and morning, gearing up for our fun night...and fun it was....

tony showered me with many anniversary gifts, even though we agreed to just get cards...so as tony only got a card from me, per our agreement, he got me the best gifts ever.
his first wave of gifts included a twin ensemble, the cutest pink hat and an equally girly team shirt (disclaimer: i am still a cubs fan to the core, but i now have a favorite american league team. i will be attending the cubs/twins game in june in full cubs gear).


tony of course was also decked out in twins gear.



But my favorite part of my outfit was....


The 3 diamond necklece tony surprised me with!! Here's a close-up of my new necklace which I looked at every 2 minutes. my sweet husband makes me feel so girly, i love it...what girl doesn't love diamonds.....he had the new necklace neatly displayed in a picture frame...so special.

ok, we're off to the ballgame. we took the bus to the game and went early so we could enjoy the outdoor festivities that included fried cheesecurds, mini doughnuts (yes, we did 'mini'), and of course some pre-game beverages. we found our way to our prime seats and realized really quickly that we were so close the players and umps could hear our cheers!! the game was awesome, and altough the twins lost, there were a couple highlights....one would include the fact that i prophetically called the grand slam Cuddyer hit....the other highlight would be my other suprise from my loving husband. as i was looking at the scoreboard jumbotron screen there it was
"Happy 1st Anniversary
Shelly Strand
I Love You, Love Anton"

My husband put my name in lights. It made me cry. as we sat among thousands of fans, I cried realizing I have the best husband in the world and have been blessed to spend the past year of mairrage with him, and will be blessed to spend many more together.


We came home after a perfect day and toasted our first year of mairrage with our wedding glasses and enjoyed our "mock wedding cake" (our actual wedding cake is still in my mom's freezer)



I love you Tony, my husband.

Thanks bloggers for letting us share our weekend with you!

The End.

Aww, congratulations! That cake looks yum, and your necklace is gorgeous.

OMG!!!! That is so sweet! Can't wait to see what he does for your second anniversary! I just told Todd what he did for you as a little "hint hint".

Happy Anniversary Shelly & Tony!!!! I miss you! Can't wait to see you in a few months. Um...like call me and stuff!

seriously...could you two be any more adorable? love you guys, hope to see you soon...maybe 4th of july weekend?

congrats on one year!

Shelly, So glad to see you are still so in love after a year - even more glad that you are back in the computer world so I can keep in touch! We all miss knowing what's going on in your life!!! Kids went to Hume Lake Camp for a week - Lon and I had our 2nd Honeymoon at Napa valley - can't tell you the details! We did listen to your CD during our drive:-)
Love to both - miss you - Donna (remember me - your friend you left behind in CA)

congrats, nina!!! glad you're back in blogland....and i loved your anniversary stories. you've got a great hubby...but don't forget about the part that he's got a great wife!!!!!!

take care!

I can't believe its been a year since your wedding! I'm so happy for you guys that you're doing so well. Props to Tony for planning such a fun anniversary!

Post a Comment