« Home | Stolen from Jamie's Blog: good little quiz 1) usi... » | sorry to all you blog readers...it's been a while ... » | For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper... » | Open my Arms.... That's what i'm supposed to do..... » | today=the foam on my breve....pure goodness....mmm... » | Wounded Grace my poor little guitar....her name i... » | questions from jamie's blog......(i love quizes...... » | sorry cor..i didnt realize i didnt have your eithe... » | ok..i tried to add my brother's blog link to mine.... » | i hate it when i cant talk...sure other people pro... »

Mondays...i dont really know how i feel about them...
i guess i should look at them as a fresh start to my week...but mostly i look at them as recovery from the weekend....
Sundays drain me...in every way....of course, not being a morning person..i dread getting up at 5ish...which actually means..my alarm is set for 5..i actually get out of bed around 5:30....my physical energy is spent lifting heavy speakers...rolling out chords....tuning my guitar..and all the fun stuff of set-up....my mental energy is spent thinking about how the songs are really going to pan out...what chords i'm playing, what notes i'm singing....my relational energy is spent on trying to meet new people...finding new vocalists...and musicians...and my spiritual energy is spent on trying to lead the congregation in an encounter with God....that's a huge task....

so needless to say..i crash on sunday afternoons...i take a good 3 hr nap at least..although this week i only got an hour and a half.....so monday's i drag into the office to sit at my desk and figure out......ok..what needs to be done so i can do that all over again on Sunday....

but you know what...I love my job...I love working on Sundays...I love leading worship.....I love what i get to do....i may not love mornings..i may not love lifting speakers..i may not love the sound of my alarm on Sunday morning...but i do love that every Sunday is a new experience...every DAY is a fresh encounter with God....

we sang this on sunday..and i cant get it out of my head....

There must be more than this
O breath of God, come breathe within
There must be more than this
Spirit of God, we wait for You
Fill us anew we pray
Fill us anew we pray

Consuming fire, fan into flame
A passion for Your Name
Spirit of God, fall in this place
Lord, have your way, Lord, have your way with us

Come like the rushing wind
Clothe us in power from on high
Now set the captives free
Leave us abandoned to Your praise
Lord, let your glory fall
Lord, let your glory fall

Consuming fire, fan into flame
A passion for Your Name
Spirit of God, fall in this place
Lord, have your way, Lord, have your way with us


Check out our church blog at http://blog.lifejourneycc.net/