« Home | random morsels to chew on for the weekend...who ev... » | you'd think since i don't have a life, i'd blog ev... » | Minnesooooota is how they say it...always the long... » | 3 days till lift-off!!wow, chirstmas came and went... » | no more christmas table....my husband surprised me... » | don't blink...you'll miss the strand christmas dis... » | i dont think i'll ever like mondays...unless i win... » | You Are Likely an Only ChildAt your darkest moment... » | Strategery...i find it quite hilarious how strateg... » | You Are 40% WeirdNormal enough to know that you're... »

Do any of you bloggers know of a good church in the Minneapolis area?

Tony and I are church-shopping, and i have had no luck surfing the web for good churches...but then, again, i probably shouldn't judge a church by its website.

we are looking for a semi-large church, christian or non-demoninational...though not opposed to being open to other denominations...

we want a compelling speaker and contemporary great music is a plus...

we also like long walks on the beach and would prefer the pastor to be a virgo...just kidding, it just felt like a personal ad for a minute..

but seriously, thought i'd through out the 'ask' to all you christian bloggers....in this small world, i'm sure somebody knows somebody who loves their church up here.

let me know!! thanks

nina...
don't know of any, but i'll definitely ask around. it's great having you in the area, even though i haven't seen you yet!! ...when are you guys making it down to chi-town?? and have fun driving a stick! once i got used to it...on kim's car...i LOVED IT!!!

love ya.
kt :-)

Shelly,
I am not sure you remember me from Lincoln -it is Erin Fenelon (Schwarberg). I really enjoy your blog! I just e-mailed Debby Carter ,the old children's ministry professor at Lincoln to ask her about churches. She is from that area, so thought she might be able to help. I will let you know when she gets back to me.

As to the Minneapolis church, the one we went to has changed over preachers so can’t tell you much about it right now, but Valley Christian was being mentored by a larger community church up near Minneapolis and it was phenomenal – now if I could only remember the church???? I know their pastor has authored books and they are a Willow Creek clone. If I hear the name from my MN friends I’ll pass it along.

This is from Debby Carter - I will let you know if she remembers the name! Hope this helps in some way!
erin

hey erin..of course i remember my fellow sfg'er....how are you?
thanks for the info..let me know if you find out more...
do you blog?

I do blog every so often...
xanga.com/erinfenelon
I will let you know if Debby writes back.

Shell,

I will ask Abby about that. Her Dad is a pastor in bemidgi (sp) and he probably knows about churches out there. I love you!

Post a Comment