« Home | home sweet ghetto...in a month i will soon move in... » | my iron stomach...i used to pride myself on my iro... » | i've been lazy with the posting i know..it's just... » | this is "kitty"...tony's cat..i'm proud to be a s... » | our new little baby...  » | our week in pictures....we went to the central coa... » | this cute little elephant seal was looking at us..... » | elephant seals laying out on the beach...it's the ... » | ugliest animal: what the heck are these? they are... » | pretty animal award: some wild peacocks we saw at ... »

My first post as a married woman...

sorry i've neglected my blog...i've been off to IL getting hitched..then to Hawaii...then back to cali to try to resume a normal life :)

I can't beleive the wedding has come and gone...i want it back..i want a do-over...it was so fun...i could do it every year...maybe not all the planning and budgeting and stressing...but the ceremony and partying...let's do it again :)

it was so good to see friends and family...i just keep describing the wedding as perfect...it really was...i have seen a few pictures and they all make me smile :)

let me share some highlights...

of the wedding...
-seeing Tony for the first time all day
-getting ready with all my bridesmaids
-hearing "you may kiss the bride"
-having my face hurt from smiling

of the reception...
-seeing heather "dance" in her chair on wheels
-being announced as "Jennifer & Scott Strand"...can you say ooopps d.j.
-seeing jamie dance with older men as she commonly does at any dance function...ie..my dad and several of my uncles
-jen's toast that made me cry
-seeing beers and wine in hand of many happy people
-the delicious cake...mmm..that was good
-did the dj really play the chicken dance song?...did i really dance to that?
-dancing with my husband to van morrison's "into the mystic"
-the sparkler good-bye

of the honeymoon...
-renting scooters and cruising the island
-wearing a flower in my hair every day
-drinking "blue hawaiians"
-seeing a crack deal go down between a street singer and a "music enthusiast"
-following a sea turtle while snorkeling
-getting on stage at a luau to learn to hula

of coming home...
-seeing our kitties
-coming home to an apt full of boxes
-being called Mrs. Strand
-buying stuff for our apt...lots of plants
-receiving all my pampered chef stuff in the mail
-looking down at my wedding band and feeling blessed

thanks to eveyone who made our wedding week special...we love you and we will never be able to express how much you mean to us...

Welcome back, Nina!! So glad to see you posting again. Congrats. It was great to see you back here, and the wedding was perfect! Great job! I'm so stinkin' happy for you two!

I'm so glad you guys are back! It was the "perfect wedding". I told everyone how fun it was. Just reading this made me smile thinking of all those things too. I love you both. Can't wait to talk to you.

Shelly - everything was beautiful! Thank you for including us in your special day. I burned all the pictures onto a CD for you, Jenn's gonna send it on when she's done!

It was sooooo great to finally hear from you! I had such an awesome time at your wedding. I can't wait to see you again. I hope that married life is going well. I love you so much!

Post a Comment